Friday, April 21, 2006
The weather has been absolutely beautiful for the last week and a half (until mega-thunderstorms, lightning and hail arrived Wednesday / Thursday). Up until then, it had definitely been, as Jimmy Buffett says, some "rag-top days" and I had taken full advantage of my convertible. I've not been near a computer very much lately, either. That's also (part of the reason) why I haven't updated my blog in over a week. I've just been very, very busy . . . I've also spent a lot of time with a close friend . . . been traveling round and about . . . and spent several afternoons with two adorable children that have turned life into one big *giggle-fest*
I also received flowers Tuesday - a nice mid-afternoon surprise to brighten my day when I received an unexpected knock on my door.
Not everything has been 'perfect' - I did receive a recall notice on my Saab ... I called the dealership to make an appointment for the appropriate repair. I'm taking it in the second week in May. I know that sounds like a long wait, but I'm taking it to the dealership in Chattanooga instead of Marietta, and I scheduled another appointment on the same day with a doctor there (I won't see anyone else but him for his specialty), and I'm going to meet my cousin for lunch at my favorite restaurant in between. And, I did make my appointment with my ortho-surgeon to schedule the removal of the 'hardware' in my ankle, since it has now been a year since the 'accident' that left me in a cast for 3-1/2 months. This surgery is only 'supposed' to necessitate the wearing of a cast for 1-2 weeks max for recovery. Let's hope that is the case. I don't want a repeat of last Spring/Summer!
All-in-all, life is good . . . actually, life is great! My friend Missy has started referring to my expression as "perma-grin" - I have 'no' idea what she could be referring to . . .
Monday, April 10, 2006
Truman: "Good morning, and in case
I've had a little "extra" something in my days lately, and it's amazing what those few seconds in the morning and evening can do to "color" my whole day. What is this little something, you ask? It is just a phone call around 8:00 every morning and 10:00 every evening. In the mornings I hear, "I just wanted to say good morning, and tell you that I miss you." and in the evenings I hear, "I just wanted to tell you that I miss you, and to say good-night."
I just had my evening call, so I'm off to bed . . .
This week's Monday Madness meme:
Do you like to shop? Absolutely!
IF YES, answer the following:
1. What is your favorite store? Why? That is difficult to narrow down -- I guess my top five stores would be (in no particular order): Victoria's Secret, Macy's, Neiman-Marcus, Belk, and L.L.Bean. Why?, because the stores carry my favorite things (clothing, cosmetics, jewelry, lingerie, etc.).
2. Do you only shop when there is something you specifically need or want or do you sometimes go shopping just for "something to do?" Both - it depends.
3. Do you prefer shopping online or in stores? Both - it depends.
4. Do you have a shopping buddy or are you perfectly content going alone? I prefer shopping alone.
Friday, April 07, 2006
Do you know what someone recently had the audacity to call me?
At first, I was offended. Then, I considered the source, and realized the comment was, actually, a back-handed compliment (whether she knew it or not).
Everyone has a little dirty laundry. - abc.com
Congratulations! You are Edie Britt, the serial divorcee whose romantic conquests have everyone buzzing.
Which Desperate Housewife are you?
This week's The Music Memoirs meme:
Top 5 On Friday - Week 66
Top 5 songs played on your iPod.
This week's T.G.I.F. meme:
1. How many glasses of water do you drink in a day? Never enough.
2. Do you watch what you eat? Yes, most of the time.
3. What physical fitness regimen do you follow? Work out at the gym 3-4 times a week with some extra cardio mixed in throughout the week.
4. How many hours of sleep do you need every night? Need? 6-7. Get? A lot less - I'm a chronic insomniac.
5. Are you happy with your body? Generally - a lot more, recently - probably even more in the weeks ahead as my workouts become more 'strenuous'.
This week's Friday Fiver meme:
1. What's the weather like? Beautiful, bright, sunny, low 80s.
2. When is the last time you felt appreciated? Just a few minutes ago when I received a telephone call from someone who loves me! :-)
3. What is the last bad news you heard? "It's 2:20 already."
4. What is your favorite sad song? Here Without You - 3 Doors Down
5. Tell us about something you're obsessed with: Sorry - I can keep a secret! ;-)
Monday, April 03, 2006
Wanna see what really cranks-my-tractor?
The thing is, . . . um, . . . I actually know someone who looks amazingly just like Christopher, only bigger . . . *heavy sigh*
This week's Monday Madness meme . . .
1. Do you own any box sets of your favorite shows? Yes, a few. I have some Homicide: Life on the Streets and CSI early seasons.
2. Are you penpals with other people? Not snailmail, but e-mail.
3. Do you still send out real, paper cards in the mail? Yes - holidays, birthdays, special occasions, etc.
4. Have you ever bought or sold anything on Ebay? Yes, both.
5. Did you have to set your clocks an hour ahead this past weekend? Yes, and I have a lot of clocks!
6. How many of your blog buddies' birthdays do you know? Quite a few.
7. When is your birthday (need not include year)? November 6th.
Sunday, April 02, 2006
This week's Unconscious Mutterings meme . . .
I'm a Member of the:
<< # Bitch Club ? >>
BlogRollin' other WebRing Members:
Alabama Crimson Tide Football
don't assume you really know me!
Skin created by Tuskudrusla.
Color-scheme and design "tweaked" by "This Southern Belle's Life" author.
This Author's Profile
♪ I am
Susan Reno-Gilliland, known as "Miss Kitty," an Irish lass, a true Southern Belle; a writer, photographer, animal-lover, dreamer, stargazer, totally tangled (or is that entangled?) in relationships, slightly obsessive iNFp with stories to tell! . . . (fascinated by forensics, human behavior, pushing all the right buttons of men I find interesting, and seeking utterly-sweet revenge without any repercussions.) I am a Friday's Child. Friday's Child is loving & giving.
View my complete profile
Find out even more
♪ This Southern Belle's Life
♪ This Southern Belle's Musings
♪ This Southern Belle's Work
♪ Never Underestimate
A Southern Belle
♪ Good Girls Don't
but (sometimes) I do ...
♪ This Southern Belle's
♪ Finding Your Personal Style
♪ Collection/Published Works
♪ Writer's Net
♪ North Texas eNews
"A Slice of Life" Columnist
♪ The Chattanoogan
"A Southern Belle's Life" Column
Buy my stuff at Lulu!
We've been accepted by Chase's Calendar of Events to promote the annual event each April for Southern Belles' Month!
Check out my Amazon
Feeling even more generous?
Donate throughYour donations are GREATLY appreciated!
Another 50 Questions
Who Links Here
My current imood is:
♪ 51313 Harbor Street
♪ Coffee Table Declarations
♪ Fractured Somehow
♪ In High Cotton
♪ Knight Writer
♪ Muchness of Me, A
♪ Musings of David Amulet, The
♪ Nickle Annie
♪ Patricia Paris
♪ Princess Girly Girl
♪ Steel Cowboy
♪ Trixie's Home
♪ War Child
♪ Windfall Woman
♪ World According To Tish, The
♪ Zen Wizard
♪ Mental Floss
♪ Urban Legends
♪ Criminal Minds
♪ Wish Jar Journal
♪ To Protect The Innocent
♪ Breast Cancer Research
♪ Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric
AIDS Foundation, The
♪ Leary Firefighters'
♪ Michael J. Fox Foundation
♪ National Center For
Victims of Crimes, The
♪ Rape, Abuse & Incest
National Network (RAINN)
♪ Red Cross, The
♪ Victory Junction Gang, The
Catch the latest surfing craze!
Living somewhere, out there
in the Southeast, US of A