This Southern Belle's Musings

"Darlin', don't ever take a Southern woman for granted!" [tm]


         If you're visiting from BlogClicker, BlogAzoo, or BlogExplosion or any other click/surf engine, you're at http://asouthernbelle.blogspot.com





Tuesday, February 24, 2004

Welcome To Bizarro-Land! 





Who lives in a pineapple under the sea?
Sponge-Bob Square-Pants!
Absorbent and yellow and porous is he!
Sponge-Bob Square-Pants!
If nautical nonsense be something you wish,
Sponge-Bob Square-Pants!
Then drop on the deck and flop like a fish!
Sponge-Bob Square-Pants!
Ready?
Sponge-Bob Square-Pants, Sponge-Bob Square-Pants,
Sponge-Bob Square-Pants!
Sponge-Bob Square-Paaaaannttss!!!

~ Captain & Kids
Spongebob Squarepants Theme Song



Things That Make You Go . . . hmmmmmmmm


As a card-carrying naturalized citizen of Bizzaro-Land, you must first refuse to accept the "ideal" that there is something called "normal."     Normal does not exist.     Normal is merely your own vain attempts to make the occurrences around you something that can be processed and acknowledged as acceptable to your perceptions of reality.


Of course, in Bizzaro-Land, those limits and attempts are futile.


So any occurrence, even if considered strange, incomprehensible, or unbelievable can -- and will -- ultimately occur in Bizzaro-Land.     It is just a matter of time before you discard your perceptions of reality, as they are useless -- and simply a waste of time and energy -- in this world.


And, please don't expect the strange and unusual to be spaced out in reasonable allotments peppered with some semblance of normalcy.     That would defeat the purpose of Bizzaro-Land, wouldn't it?     You never know what will happen -- or when it will happen . . . you just have to be prepared for anything!


Take for example this past Saturday.     Seemingly a decent day of the week, wouldn't you agree?     After weeks of cold weather, and a snowfall that refused to vanish completely even after three weeks time, Friday and Saturday were gorgeous.     Sun-filled days and sixty-degree temperatures -- not what you would expect in the Mid-Atlantic region in late February -- but, a hint that Spring may well be on the way.


Distracted by the warm weather and sunny skies, I foolishly thought that I could attempt an afternoon of normal errands and such.     I first sent a quick text-message to my best friend who was on his way to softball practice for his company softball team.     Simple and to the point -- "Be Careful, and Don't Get Hurt!"     Something just said "send-this-message" and, not one to ignore the voices in my head; I did as I was told.


Then, I had the opportunity to chat by phone with a new friend that I met online.     As I was driving (approximately a 50 minute drive to my destination), he and I chatted about this-n-that, comparing notes on life in an alternate universe.     As I was nearing my destination -- probably ten minutes away -- I came to a stop at a traffic light.     You have to keep in mind that the road I was traveling isn't considered a main thoroughfare, but is one of two routes to travel from Point "A" to Point "B."     Sitting at the traffic light, I heard a tapping on my passenger side window. I turned to look, and this is what I saw:







waving, and blowing kisses at me.


Now, I could understand if Mr. Squarepants was promoting some event, or waving a banner, or some such activity.     But, no, he was merely standing on the street corner, waving at the passersby, knocking on my car window, and blowing kisses at me.     In any other universe, I might consider this strange.     But, in Bizzaro-Land, this is merely another example of an everyday occurrence.


From that point, I stopped at my first destination, was presented with different information than originally expected, so I reconsidered my plans and diverted to the nail salon instead.    There's nothing like a manicure to re-center yourself.     On the way to the salon, I rang up another friend of mine -- to catch up on her day, as well as to share my recent Spongebob experience.     Since she is also a resident of Bizzaro-Land, she understood completely.


While in the salon, I failed to hear my cell phone ringing -- darned Asian soap opera on the tele (much too loud and totally "foreign" in language) -- so when I reached my car; I was greeted with that all-too-familiar message alert sound.     I called my voicemail and had a message from my best friend -- you remember him -- the guy practicing softball.     It seems he had been injured during practice and was on his way to the emergency room with something torn in his knee.     I had only missed the call by about ten minutes but, when I tried to return the call, I just reached his voicemail.     "Text-Message Foreshadowing."


I had a dinner date, so I headed on to the restaurant.     While waiting in the sea of Saturday evening "elbows-&-a-holes" at the bar, my phone rang again.     My friend was out of the ER, diagnosed with torn ligaments and a strained cartilage in his right knee, in a walking cast and on a pair of crutches.     Luckily, the ER doctor saw fit to inject his bum with a cocktail of Demerol and Phenagrin, and he was floating in and out of consciousness while being chauffeured home.   I told him to go home and rest; I would ring him on Sunday.


Toss all of these events into the mix, consider that only three hours had passed, and you can see why life -- in Bizzaro-Land -- is not for the faint of heart!




current mood:  Busy, hectic (work-filled) day ahead
current music:  Spongebob Squarepants Soundtrack CD
(c) 2004 A Southern Belle's Life





I'm a Member of the:
<< # Bitch Club ? >>

BlogRollin' other WebRing Members:










Harley-Davidson Motorcycles



Alabama Crimson Tide Football




blogger    haloscan    blogwise    Blogarama - The Blog Directory

    

Rate This Blog

BlogHop.com! the best pretty good okay pretty bad the worst




Site Meter    The Memes List, The World's Largest Listing Of Daily Memes, Weekly Memes, and Monthly Memes








Women Bloggers



<xBlogxPhilesx>








The Legal Stuff
2004 -2005 (C) Copyrighted Materials     All Rights Reserved.     Susan Reno-Gilliland     This Southern Belle's Life     No portion of the contents or materials specifically written by the author may be directly or indirectly reproduced, copied, modified, performed, displayed, sold, transmitted, published, rewritten for publication, redistributed in any medium, nor may any portion of the content be stored in a computer or distributed over any network, or otherwise used in any way, without the expressed prior written consent and permission of the author.


Just because you read my blog
don't assume you really know me!


READ.THIS --    



Skin created by Tuskudrusla.
Color-scheme and design "tweaked" by "This Southern Belle's Life" author.


















This Author's Profile

♪   I am

Susan Reno-Gilliland, known as "Miss Kitty," an Irish lass, a true Southern Belle; a writer, photographer, animal-lover, dreamer, stargazer, totally tangled (or is that entangled?) in relationships, slightly obsessive iNFp with stories to tell!    . . . (fascinated by forensics, human behavior, pushing all the right buttons of men I find interesting, and seeking utterly-sweet revenge without any repercussions.)     I am a Friday's Child.    Friday's Child is loving & giving.
View my complete profile
Find out even more



This Writer's Works

♪    This Southern Belle's Life
♪    This Southern Belle's Musings
♪    This Southern Belle's Work
♪    Never Underestimate
      A Southern Belle

♪    Good Girls Don't
      but (sometimes) I do ...

♪    This Southern Belle's
      Expressions

♪    Finding Your Personal Style
♪    Collection/Published Works
♪    Writer's Net
♪    StumbleUpon
♪    North Texas eNews
      "A Slice of Life" Columnist
♪    The Chattanoogan
      "A Southern Belle's Life" Column



Buy my stuff at Lulu!
Buy my stuff at Lulu!


Stumble Upon Toolbar

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from asouthernbelle. Make your own badge here.

Site Feed


Content copyright protected by Copyscape website plagiarism search
Individual-i



Want to contact me?
southernbelle@susanrenogilliland.com
a.southernbelle@gmail.com


OFFICIAL HOLIDAY!

We've been accepted by Chase's Calendar of Events to promote the annual event each April for Southern Belles' Month!



Feeling the uncontrollable urge to shower me with gifts?
Check out my Amazon
WishList

Feeling even more generous?
Donate through
Your donations are GREATLY appreciated!


My Lists



2005 Movies


2006 Movies

100 Things
9 Layers
50 Questions
Another 50 Questions
Alphabetically-Speaking




AmericanDixie
IrishIrish
ScorpioNovember
blondeinfp
tidejournal
waterxm


Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

be
meow
fashion
handle
night
star
time



Who Links Here

[ Registered ]
       




My current imood is:
The current mood of asouthernbelle at www.imood.com



Regular "Reads"

   51313 Harbor Street
   Bonez
   Coffee Table Declarations
   Fractured Somehow
   In High Cotton
   Knight Writer
   Muchness of Me, A
   Musings of David Amulet, The
   Nickle Annie
   Patricia Paris
   Princess Girly Girl
   Steel Cowboy
   sugarfused.net
   Trixie's Home
   War Child
   Windfall Woman
   World According To Tish, The
   Zen Wizard


                                     Blogroll Me!



Misc. Links

   IMDb
   PostSecret
   Mental Floss
   Urban Legends
   Criminal Minds
   Wish Jar Journal
   To Protect The Innocent



Personal Charities & Causes

   Breast Cancer Research
      Foundation

   Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric
      AIDS Foundation, The

   Leary Firefighters'
      Foundation, The

   Michael J. Fox Foundation
   National Center For
      Victims of Crimes, The

   Rape, Abuse & Incest
      National Network (RAINN)

   Red Cross, The
   Victory Junction Gang, The



Catch the latest surfing craze!


BlogClicker


BlogAzoo


BlogExplosion


Blog Soldiers

AutoSurfMonster.com
TopBlogArea.com
Personal Blogs
Personal Blogs



Archives







moon phases
 



The WeatherPixie

Living somewhere, out there
in the Southeast, US of A




U.S.A. EDT