This Southern Belle's Musings

"Darlin', don't ever take a Southern woman for granted!" [tm]


         If you're visiting from BlogClicker, BlogAzoo, or BlogExplosion or any other click/surf engine, you're at http://asouthernbelle.blogspot.com





Monday, January 10, 2005

A New Week . . .  

Category::   This-n-That


I spoke to a very close friend of mine last Thursday -- someone who has been, and always will be, a major part of my life (okay, he's an ex, but we've remained the closest of friends).      I haven't seen him in over three years, and I haven't spoken to him in several months yet, as soon as he picked up the phone, it was as if we had spoken just the day before.     It has always been this way with us . . . for the last twenty-plus years . . . and, the hour and a half conversation was an inspiration to write about it.     So, I took out a notebook and pen at lunch and began writing my thoughts.     It is a-m-a-z-i-n-g what great service you get when you are writing -- the server is at the table (looking over your shoulder) at every opportunity, as if they expect you to be writing either your deepest, darkest secrets or the miracle cure for cancer right there at their station.     This server was -- very attentive -- to say the least.     She checked on me -- no exaggeration -- about every two minutes the entire time I was writing.     I'm sure it was frustrating to her that I would "strategically" place my arm over the paper whenever she would show up at the table.

In addition, Thursday was a hectic day all around.     I'm not going to whine or beg forgiveness for not posting to my blog in several days -- I'll admit -- life is hectic and, sometimes, blogging isn't high on the agenda list.     The last few days have fallen into that classification.     Thursday was an appointment with the aesthetician for the second in a series of microdermabrasion treatments, then on a search for a ring for another very close friend of mine (I finally found the perfect one), a couple of errands for myself, a couple of errands for my s.o., taking said products of the errand-runs for my s.o. to his store, sticking around to help out for a while, and going to dinner with my s.o. and one of my best friends.

Friday, I began the research for a book I'm writing.     It's in the infant stages, and the research is going to be time-consuming as it is a historical piece of (semi-biographical) fiction.     To be quite honest, if anyone asked what I would write, anything historical wouldn't even be on my list but, . . . this is going to be a sort of catharsis to exorcise a few demons from my past (or, I should say, from my grandmother's past).

I also joined Blockbuster.com, and have placed all of the movies from my "Must-See" classics list for 2005 in the queue, so they'll be on their way to me soon.     I logged on today and found that the Godfather series has already been shipped.     That will be three I can scratch off my list soon Godfather I, Godfather II, Godfather III -- with more to follow . . .

Saturday was unbearably long as my s.o. asked me to work at his new business to help out in greeting customers and billing out on the computer.     We were up at 5:45 a.m., out the door by 6:30 a.m., and at the business by 7:20 a.m.     He opens at 8:00 a.m. and closes at 5:00 p.m. (then we had to do day-ending and week-ending paperwork before leaving) and, believe-you-me, that was a l-o-n-g day, indeed.     We stopped for dinner afterwards, then to Saturday evening church (our church has a contemporary service on Saturday evenings and it frees up our entire Sunday, since it is s.o.'s only day off each week).     It was a long, tiring day, though.     When I did drag home and check the mail, a book I had ordered from Amazon.com had arrived.     Of course, I haven't even had time to bend the cover yet.

Sunday didn't go as expected.     I had plans to work on more research for my book, kick back and relax, and spend a quiet (lazy) Sunday afternoon with the Arts & Books section of the Atlanta Journal Constitution and my new book from Amazon then, perhaps, a nice little catnap in the middle of the day.     S.O. had other plans -- plans that involved dirty words like . . . cleaning, straightening, vacuuming, mopping, laundry . . . it didn't make my three day migraine any better -- it only made it worse!     But, to prevent dissention in the household, I pitched in.     I thought, if I get all of this done, I can still read my newspaper and catch a few winks but, alas, that wasn't to be the case.     I had forgotten that we had made a commitment to be at a neighbor's house for a meeting at 5:00 p.m.     There went the day *poof* no rest for the weary.

Today, I'm moving at a snail's pace . . . I really should be up and out the door already.     I have laundry to drop at the dry cleaners, I have a couple of stops to make for errands, and I have to go to the grocer for ingredients for lasagna.     One of my best friends is spending the night tonight and when I asked what he wanted for dinner, he put in his request for lasagna and garlic bread.     I try to feed him well when he visits as he doesn't get decent meals from his s.o. at home.     I don't want to be telling-tales out of school but, . . . suffice it to say . . . she's no cook nor a housekeeper, either.

Well, enough catching up . . . the clock is ticking and my day is passing way too fast -- I need to get a move on!!

(c)   2005    A Southern Belle's Life





I'm a Member of the:
<< # Bitch Club ? >>

BlogRollin' other WebRing Members:










Harley-Davidson Motorcycles



Alabama Crimson Tide Football




blogger    haloscan    blogwise    Blogarama - The Blog Directory

    

Rate This Blog

BlogHop.com! the best pretty good okay pretty bad the worst




Site Meter    The Memes List, The World's Largest Listing Of Daily Memes, Weekly Memes, and Monthly Memes








Women Bloggers



<xBlogxPhilesx>








The Legal Stuff
2004 -2005 (C) Copyrighted Materials     All Rights Reserved.     Susan Reno-Gilliland     This Southern Belle's Life     No portion of the contents or materials specifically written by the author may be directly or indirectly reproduced, copied, modified, performed, displayed, sold, transmitted, published, rewritten for publication, redistributed in any medium, nor may any portion of the content be stored in a computer or distributed over any network, or otherwise used in any way, without the expressed prior written consent and permission of the author.


Just because you read my blog
don't assume you really know me!


READ.THIS --    



Skin created by Tuskudrusla.
Color-scheme and design "tweaked" by "This Southern Belle's Life" author.


















This Author's Profile

♪   I am

Susan Reno-Gilliland, known as "Miss Kitty," an Irish lass, a true Southern Belle; a writer, photographer, animal-lover, dreamer, stargazer, totally tangled (or is that entangled?) in relationships, slightly obsessive iNFp with stories to tell!    . . . (fascinated by forensics, human behavior, pushing all the right buttons of men I find interesting, and seeking utterly-sweet revenge without any repercussions.)     I am a Friday's Child.    Friday's Child is loving & giving.
View my complete profile
Find out even more



This Writer's Works

♪    This Southern Belle's Life
♪    This Southern Belle's Musings
♪    This Southern Belle's Work
♪    Never Underestimate
      A Southern Belle

♪    Good Girls Don't
      but (sometimes) I do ...

♪    This Southern Belle's
      Expressions

♪    Finding Your Personal Style
♪    Collection/Published Works
♪    Writer's Net
♪    StumbleUpon
♪    North Texas eNews
      "A Slice of Life" Columnist
♪    The Chattanoogan
      "A Southern Belle's Life" Column



Buy my stuff at Lulu!
Buy my stuff at Lulu!


Stumble Upon Toolbar

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from asouthernbelle. Make your own badge here.

Site Feed


Content copyright protected by Copyscape website plagiarism search
Individual-i



Want to contact me?
southernbelle@susanrenogilliland.com
a.southernbelle@gmail.com


OFFICIAL HOLIDAY!

We've been accepted by Chase's Calendar of Events to promote the annual event each April for Southern Belles' Month!



Feeling the uncontrollable urge to shower me with gifts?
Check out my Amazon
WishList

Feeling even more generous?
Donate through
Your donations are GREATLY appreciated!


My Lists



2005 Movies


2006 Movies

100 Things
9 Layers
50 Questions
Another 50 Questions
Alphabetically-Speaking




AmericanDixie
IrishIrish
ScorpioNovember
blondeinfp
tidejournal
waterxm


Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

be
meow
fashion
handle
night
star
time



Who Links Here

[ Registered ]
       




My current imood is:
The current mood of asouthernbelle at www.imood.com



Regular "Reads"

   51313 Harbor Street
   Bonez
   Coffee Table Declarations
   Fractured Somehow
   In High Cotton
   Knight Writer
   Muchness of Me, A
   Musings of David Amulet, The
   Nickle Annie
   Patricia Paris
   Princess Girly Girl
   Steel Cowboy
   sugarfused.net
   Trixie's Home
   War Child
   Windfall Woman
   World According To Tish, The
   Zen Wizard


                                     Blogroll Me!



Misc. Links

   IMDb
   PostSecret
   Mental Floss
   Urban Legends
   Criminal Minds
   Wish Jar Journal
   To Protect The Innocent



Personal Charities & Causes

   Breast Cancer Research
      Foundation

   Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric
      AIDS Foundation, The

   Leary Firefighters'
      Foundation, The

   Michael J. Fox Foundation
   National Center For
      Victims of Crimes, The

   Rape, Abuse & Incest
      National Network (RAINN)

   Red Cross, The
   Victory Junction Gang, The



Catch the latest surfing craze!


BlogClicker


BlogAzoo


BlogExplosion


Blog Soldiers

AutoSurfMonster.com
TopBlogArea.com
Personal Blogs
Personal Blogs



Archives







moon phases
 



The WeatherPixie

Living somewhere, out there
in the Southeast, US of A




U.S.A. EDT