This Southern Belle's Musings

"Darlin', don't ever take a Southern woman for granted!" [tm]


         If you're visiting from BlogClicker, BlogAzoo, or BlogExplosion or any other click/surf engine, you're at http://asouthernbelle.blogspot.com





Saturday, May 21, 2005

Week-End Ramblings . . . 

Sharon Stone has (finally) filmed the sequel to 1992's Basic Instinct.     Basic Instinct 2: Risk Addiction will open -- next year -- on March 10, 2006.     The film was green-lit several years ago, but production was halted (many times) -- mainly because the actors chosen had ranging issues (with their personal lives, the script, the nudity, the whatever).     But, Sharon did veto several actors who auditioned as well, including the producer's favorite choice Benjamin Bratt.     (I have to agree with Sharon on this one -- he isn't one of my favorites)


I'm SO totally BUMMED that Blind Justice wasn't picked up for a new season!     Maybe Steven Bochco can shop it to some of the alternative networks.     This is similar to the bumming I got when USA didn't pick up the US version of the (UK) Touching Evil for a second season -- I thought it was a thought-provoking show, slightly off-kilter, with all of the pan shots of the time-lapsed skylines and such mixed in.


What happened to the "talk" of another spin-off of CSI -- CSI:LA?     I'm into 2 out of 3 already (I don't do David Caruso -- he is so stiff and overly self-indulgent that I can't take large doses of him).     And, what happened to the half-and-half split of the L&O:CI 22 espisodes to give Vincent D'Onofrio some "down-time" after his collapse on the set twice and hospitalization for exhaustion last season, by bringing in Chris Noth's original L&O "Mike Logan" character to "share-the-load?"     Chris has appeared in only one episode this season.     Did his first outing meet with negative feedback from the audience?


I've been shopping again . . . I am willing to admit, I have a VS-addiction.     Here are three of the sets I just ordered.     I also ordered some v-neck henleys and faux-wrapped t-shirts in black, white and red, that will look great with jeans and shorts.



I was rambling on about this (among other things) a few nights ago in Shop-A-Holics, Big Wishes & Ramblings.     I guess when you realize you have a different definition of friendship than others, a little shopping helps to ease the pain.


My s.o. surprised me last evening with a "treat."     He brought home edamame to snack on, and ebi sushi (with a light shoyu) for an appetizer.     The whole thing was delicious enough to make a meal of since it has been so long since I've had sushi -- especially such good sushi!     The only thing that could have made it any better would have been a couple of pieces of unagi and some shaved shoga (okay, and maybe a kani stick or two with a big bowl of steamed rice with more shoyu).     I've just made myself really hungry talking about all of this.


Also, since I'm ranting, rambling, and otherwise rattling . . . I'm really bummed about my doctor's appointment as well.     I guess I should really say -- the lack thereof of a doctor's appointment.     I was scheduled to see my orthopedic surgeon next Monday (the 23rd) but his office telephoned earlier in the week to say that they needed to reschedule because my surgeon had been called out-of-town, and would be unavailable all next week.     Of course, the following Monday is Memorial Day (he maintains two offices and is only closest to my location on Mondays/Thursdays).     So, my long-awaited appointment was rescheduled to June 2nd.     I knew (logically) that he wouldn't (permanently) remove the cast at my 05/23 appointment but, I had hoped that he would (at least) discuss scheduling physical therapy sessions -- and, perhaps, begin them prior to the final removal of the cast.     Now, I'm losing (potentially) two weeks that I could be in therapy; instead, I'm just stuck in this cast doing nothing!     The worst part of it all is that one of my very good friends is getting married on June 3rd, and I had hoped to be out of the cast -- no wheelchair / no crutches -- by the wedding, so that I could attend this gala occasion and reception of the year.     I haven't had the heart to call him to tell him yet that I won't be attending his wedding.     I refuse to ruin his wedding by potentially being caught in photos in a wheelchair or on crutches, or taking any attention away from the reason for the day by my -- what would be -- lack of a quiet, under-the-radar arrival.     So, I have to miss something that is very important to me because of this never-ending handicap saga.


Enough of this . . . I think I'll "roll" into the kitchen and try to find something for lunch . . .


Category::   This Thing Called "Life"

(c)   2005    A Southern Belle's Life





I'm a Member of the:
<< # Bitch Club ? >>

BlogRollin' other WebRing Members:










Harley-Davidson Motorcycles



Alabama Crimson Tide Football




blogger    haloscan    blogwise    Blogarama - The Blog Directory

    

Rate This Blog

BlogHop.com! the best pretty good okay pretty bad the worst




Site Meter    The Memes List, The World's Largest Listing Of Daily Memes, Weekly Memes, and Monthly Memes








Women Bloggers



<xBlogxPhilesx>








The Legal Stuff
2004 -2005 (C) Copyrighted Materials     All Rights Reserved.     Susan Reno-Gilliland     This Southern Belle's Life     No portion of the contents or materials specifically written by the author may be directly or indirectly reproduced, copied, modified, performed, displayed, sold, transmitted, published, rewritten for publication, redistributed in any medium, nor may any portion of the content be stored in a computer or distributed over any network, or otherwise used in any way, without the expressed prior written consent and permission of the author.


Just because you read my blog
don't assume you really know me!


READ.THIS --    



Skin created by Tuskudrusla.
Color-scheme and design "tweaked" by "This Southern Belle's Life" author.


















This Author's Profile

♪   I am

Susan Reno-Gilliland, known as "Miss Kitty," an Irish lass, a true Southern Belle; a writer, photographer, animal-lover, dreamer, stargazer, totally tangled (or is that entangled?) in relationships, slightly obsessive iNFp with stories to tell!    . . . (fascinated by forensics, human behavior, pushing all the right buttons of men I find interesting, and seeking utterly-sweet revenge without any repercussions.)     I am a Friday's Child.    Friday's Child is loving & giving.
View my complete profile
Find out even more



This Writer's Works

♪    This Southern Belle's Life
♪    This Southern Belle's Musings
♪    This Southern Belle's Work
♪    Never Underestimate
      A Southern Belle

♪    Good Girls Don't
      but (sometimes) I do ...

♪    This Southern Belle's
      Expressions

♪    Finding Your Personal Style
♪    Collection/Published Works
♪    Writer's Net
♪    StumbleUpon
♪    North Texas eNews
      "A Slice of Life" Columnist
♪    The Chattanoogan
      "A Southern Belle's Life" Column



Buy my stuff at Lulu!
Buy my stuff at Lulu!


Stumble Upon Toolbar

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from asouthernbelle. Make your own badge here.

Site Feed


Content copyright protected by Copyscape website plagiarism search
Individual-i



Want to contact me?
southernbelle@susanrenogilliland.com
a.southernbelle@gmail.com


OFFICIAL HOLIDAY!

We've been accepted by Chase's Calendar of Events to promote the annual event each April for Southern Belles' Month!



Feeling the uncontrollable urge to shower me with gifts?
Check out my Amazon
WishList

Feeling even more generous?
Donate through
Your donations are GREATLY appreciated!


My Lists



2005 Movies


2006 Movies

100 Things
9 Layers
50 Questions
Another 50 Questions
Alphabetically-Speaking




AmericanDixie
IrishIrish
ScorpioNovember
blondeinfp
tidejournal
waterxm


Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

be
meow
fashion
handle
night
star
time



Who Links Here

[ Registered ]
       




My current imood is:
The current mood of asouthernbelle at www.imood.com



Regular "Reads"

   51313 Harbor Street
   Bonez
   Coffee Table Declarations
   Fractured Somehow
   In High Cotton
   Knight Writer
   Muchness of Me, A
   Musings of David Amulet, The
   Nickle Annie
   Patricia Paris
   Princess Girly Girl
   Steel Cowboy
   sugarfused.net
   Trixie's Home
   War Child
   Windfall Woman
   World According To Tish, The
   Zen Wizard


                                     Blogroll Me!



Misc. Links

   IMDb
   PostSecret
   Mental Floss
   Urban Legends
   Criminal Minds
   Wish Jar Journal
   To Protect The Innocent



Personal Charities & Causes

   Breast Cancer Research
      Foundation

   Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric
      AIDS Foundation, The

   Leary Firefighters'
      Foundation, The

   Michael J. Fox Foundation
   National Center For
      Victims of Crimes, The

   Rape, Abuse & Incest
      National Network (RAINN)

   Red Cross, The
   Victory Junction Gang, The



Catch the latest surfing craze!


BlogClicker


BlogAzoo


BlogExplosion


Blog Soldiers

AutoSurfMonster.com
TopBlogArea.com
Personal Blogs
Personal Blogs



Archives







moon phases
 



The WeatherPixie

Living somewhere, out there
in the Southeast, US of A




U.S.A. EDT